Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Gordy!!!


Happy 26th birthday sweetie!!!

Birthday celebrations kicked off last night when we went for drinks at 5pm... got a bit tipsy and made the mistake of going for dinner at a place nearby called "Plan B"... cheap food and not the best either.... definately not recommended. I had the fisherman's basket which had a thin strip of battered fish, two calamari rings, one prawn and a couple of fish bites... all put on a pile of soggy chips. Not the best food I'd ever had, especially for $13.... oh, it included a tiny side salad :(
Gordy had beef lasagne which gave him an upset tummy for the rest of the night.... after food, we went to the Sportsman's Hotel in Spring Hill. We both haven't been there for years and years, so it was a bit of a culture shock to say the least. A very different crowd than what we're used to, not a bad thing tho. We didn't stay long however, Gordy's tummy was playing up, so we decided to leave. On the way out we ran into the head security guard of the Myer Centre where I work.... I had no idea he did security at a gay bar on the weekends. Gordy embarassed me by asking if downstairs (called the "Mineshaft") had a cover charge. The Mineshaft has a backroom... so Gordy dragged me downstairs and then I chickened out... all in front of this security guard... I'm so going to cop shit from this at work.

Today we went for a nice relaxing drive out Cleveland way to Victoria Point for lunch... have to go out to some of the islands in the bay there one day.

No comments: