Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunset


Perfect end to a perfect day....

Ended up going up to the Sunshine coast hinterland with my boyfriend... ended up at the Eumundi Markets.... absolutely huge, its on twice a week and absolutely takes over the town. I'm sure that's what keeps the town alive and prosperous. It's amazing to see such creativity in a small town, highly recommend it. www.eumundimarkets.com.au
Almost bought a helm of Elendil... very well done, except it was completely rusted, no sure if it was supposed to be like that or not. The guy had a heap of swords there as well, quite a few LOTR replica's ... very well done, maybe not quite film accurate, but you could see the talent that went into them.

For lunch, went to nearby Maleny... found this nice coffee shop called "Maple 3"... nice simple food, and great to sit down after all that wandering. I love this part of the world, up in the ranges, beautiful views... almost like the Shire... except higher and you can just see the ocean on the horizon :)

All in all a great day, especially seeing tho St. Pat's day for me was a bit of a right-off. Was going to go drinking with a few work mates, one had to work unfortunately, the other bailed half-way through. I did get my first taste of Guinness tho... nice when cold, horrid aftertaste. Ended up drinking by myself at my local, the Wickham. Got pretty trashed, so not a complete waste of a day.

No comments: