Monday, January 29, 2007

Luke and Yoda PF

I'm the lucky owner of Sideshow's Luke and Yoda PF statue. And I can tell you it's pretty amazing. It perfectly captures a scene from my favourite of series "Empire Strikes Back". I swear it's just like a screengrab from the movie, it is really that life like... especially from normal viewing distance. I must say, it does need quite a bit of adjusting, especially Yoda, to get it looking right. If you don't bend Yoda's arms at the elbows, they look way too long and touch Luke's nipples... not that there's anything wrong with that. If you squish Yoda's head down slightly, not only does his eyes line up better with Luke, but he looks older, even has a slight hump in his back.

And because I got this one straight from Sideshow, I got the exclusive Luke in Vader mask thingy.... which is actually quite big and prolly has a better paint job than the statue - especially with the lip colour chosen.

No comments: