Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Bad Sculpted Likenesses 1 :Elrond

Some faces seem to be impossible to capture in sculpted form.... take Hugo Weaving as Elrond.
How do you go from this.....


to this......

I'm sorry, but it looks like a little kid playing dress up.... Elrond, even as an elf who has lived for thousands of years, has a few little ages lines.... I'm sure he didn't use foundation to fill them in.

Even if it is a prototype... it simply doesn't look like the actor. And apparently Gentle Giant had even scanned the actors faces. How they could possibly save that bust is beyond me.


Sideshow haven't done much better.... as seen on the bust (above) and the statue (below). The main problem is the drag queen eyebrows.... I know Hugo has played drag before... but somehow, I don't think elves are into that sort of thing.

Out of all of them, I think the statue is the closest.

More examples to follow..........

No comments: