Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Dark Knight

Chris Nolan has finally spoken publicly about the upcoming film, The Dark Knight. Via betterthanfudge.com, here’s a bit of what the director had to say:

Regarding the theme of the film: “I suppose in loose terms I can say it’s about things having to get worse before they get better.”

Can anything be inferred from the title of the film? “Ultimately yes. But I’ll leave that for people to infer The title has been chosen very specifically. It’s quite important to the film.”

Will The Joker be different that past live-action interpretations? “Yes. I would certainly point to The Killing Joke but I also would point very much to the first two appearances of The Joker in the comic. If you look at where The Joker comes from there’s a very clear direction that fits what we’re doing very well.”

The new Batman movie is due out in 2008

No comments: