Friday, February 23, 2007

The GoMA



Finally got to see the most impressive Gallery of Modern Art today... which they spent $290 million on. Must admit its an awesome gallery, so much space. Unfortunately the shows they had on were good... but not great. My favourite pieces were the 'Adventure' series of works by Tracey Moffatt (pictured above) I did get heaps of inspiration tho... hopefully enough to get me creating art again, yay!!

The weird thing was that you could take photos of everything.... very weird having grown up with a major photography ban in art galleries, now all the staff say is that your standing too close to the art when your having your photo taken in front of it.... that happened a few times while I was there.

Rumour has it that there will be an Andy Warhol exhibition there this year.... something I'll be looking forward to.

No comments: